Monday, June 17, 2013

Treadmill!

After my Friday Fail in the run department, I took the rest of the weekend off from exercise (which I’m pretty sure is the opposite of what you’re supposed to do after you don’t succeed at something). I just got it in my head—after nearly dying of heat stroke after my last run—that I really need a treadmill in order to stay consistent with exercise. I scoured Craigslist for listings, and even went to see one that someone was selling for $200, but it was cheaper and smaller than the treadmill I used to have, and walking on it felt like a chore because of the cheap belt. I decided not to buy it.

On Sunday I got together with my parents and my sister and I was talking about treadmills with my mom, and she said she wanted to get one too… so we decided to go halfsies and share one. On a whim, about half hour before closing, we went to Sports Authority to look at their selection, and we found one we loved. It was on sale for $599 but it was one I had read great reviews about and it was more expensive everywhere I’d seen it online. We paid, then prayed it wouldn’t fall out of her little Nissan crossover, and drove it home. I haven’t had a chance to finish putting it together, but I will, and then I’m excited to pick back up on day 3 of the C25K program. Woo!

I know, I know… as my boyfriend told me, most exercise equipment ends up being used as a clothing rack. BUT. I’ve had a treadmill before, and before I started taking medicine, I actually used it and liked it. I even ran on it some. I remember being so proud of myself once that I had run for 15 minutes straight without stopping. The incline on it broke when it was about 5 years old, and then I entered my meds-induced vegetative state, where I had only enough energy to sit on the couch, so I gave it away. I’m pretty confident that this investment is going to be a BIG help in getting off this 95 pounds I need to lose.

In other news, Popeyes fried chicken is not the easiest thing to fit into a healthy lifestyle. My dad wanted it yesterday, and it was Father’s Day, so he got it, but it really messed up my calorie intake for the day. I’m pretty sure I went about 500 calories over what I’m supposed to have to lose weight, but the scale was still down this morning, probably thanks to me taking yesterday off from exercise. Oh, the mind games. Overeat + don’t exercise = lose a pound. Too bad that doesn’t last. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment