Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mmmm, Pizza...

Since I don't have to work on Fridays (best thing in the WORLD, I'm not gonna lie), I wanted to have something fun and figure-friendly for dinner to celebrate the start of my weekend, and to serve as game food for game seven of the NBA finals (Go Heat!). I decided to make some quesadilla pizzas, and was pretty happy with how they turned out.


I bought whole wheat, low carb tortillas because 1) they only have 81 calories each, and most large tortillas have at least 120, 2) I figure the more calories I cut, the more pizza I can eat, and 3) the higher fiber is also nice and filling.

Classico has a new fire-roasted pizza sauce that I decided to try, and I chose store brand 6-cheese Italian shredded cheese since it was BOGO. Aside from being cheap, it also had only 80 calories per 1/3 cup, which is lighter than most shredded cheese. And obviously, the more cheese the better. ;)


I sprayed a half-size baking sheet (one of the perks of owning a dessert company is access to these big, luscious baking sheets) with cooking spray and assembled the pizza/quesadillas. I could have been more creative with the toppings, but olives and baby portabellos sounded good tonight, and I was really hungry, therefore didn't want to take extra time to chop more veggies.

Popped them into the oven at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes and...


It was a very yummy dinner. The pizzas were a little easier to eat folded in half, because of how thin the tortillas were, and that gave it a thicker, more-like-real-pizza bite.

Each quesadilla pizza had just 200 calories--yum!
_______________________________________________________________

Any fun plans for the weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment