Monday, June 3, 2013

Fat People Math: Me + Family = Food

I come from a family of food lovers, so it would stand to reason that our get-togethers often always center around stuffing our faces. Challenge #2 for the weekend was surviving Sunday lunch with my family.

After church I joined my sister, her two little boys and my parents to eat lunch and hang out for the afternoon. There was no way to plan in advance what I was going to eat because we almost never know what we’re going to be eating until someone gets annoyed enough to make an executive decision, which usually happens about an hour after normal people have finished eating lunch.

My mom took the reins on this one, and picked up lunch on her way home. Since my sister is having gall bladder issues, I’m trying to eat healthfully and my dad is supposed to be on a strict diet due to diabetes, heart disease and a plethora of other health problems, she thought it would be a good idea to go to KFC and get several buckets of fried chicken. (My mom weighs roughly 3 ½ pounds, so she cannot be relied upon to know the ins and outs of “trigger foods,” but fried chicken?!)

Honestly, I’d love to tell a riveting tale of my brave battle against extra crispy thighs and biscuits with butter and honey, but there really wasn’t a battle to speak of. I had an original recipe breast (370 calories vs. 470 in extra crispy) and some mashed potatoes and gravy. I decided against a biscuit, because I felt like 180 calories was too much for one of those little things.

And that was that.

I would like to give my superhuman will power all the glory for this one, but I really just didn’t have a big appetite yesterday. I’m not sure why, but I’d LOVE to bottle up that magic and use it on future Sunday lunches. I know myself pretty well, and there’s no way this will be happening on a regular basis. ;)


Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Believe in yourself! You did it this weekend, so it is possible to do it again.

    ReplyDelete