Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I wouldn't read my blog, and other welcoming thoughts...

My name is Kelly. When I was a skinny kid, my dad and my brothers called me "Kelly the Jelly Belly" to annoy me. (It worked.) A few years later, when my struggle with weight began and I actually did have a jelly belly, people called me that to be mean. I'm starting this blog as an outlet for my thoughts, feelings and experiences as I attempt to lose 100 pounds and banish the jelly belly for good.

This is supposed to be where I say something amaze-balls (thank you, tweens and Giuliana Rancic) to capture your attention and superglue your eyes to my blog for the rest of eternity. 

I'm going to fail.

The truth is, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't read my blog. At least not for a year or two. I much prefer to read the blogs of women who are at the end of their long struggle with weight loss, and not just starting out with 100 pounds to lose. There are mind-blowing Before & After pictures to enjoy, pages filled with inspirational messages, and RESULTS, which you definitely won't find here just yet. But if you're different from me, and were born with even the tiniest capacity for patience, and you want to read along while I type my way to a 100-lb weight loss, well, welcome to my blog.

I'm not exactly sure what I'll be writing or how often, but here are a few things you can expect from me:

1. Lots and lots of italics. Because I have to.
2. Sentences that most English teachers would encourage me to break up into smaller pieces in order to make them more palatable, but that I can't seem to bring myself to because I prefer to write the way I talk.
2. Self deprecation. (It may not be healthy, but it's what I do.)
3. After this post, a total absence of the word "journey." Unless you are on this season of the Bachelorette or were born in 1712, you are not now, nor have you ever been on a journey. This is a struggle, a road, an event, a time, a trip or a challenge, but it is not the j word. Stop it, America.

There you go. This is my blog. I'd understand if you never returned, but I'm really glad you're here.


2 comments:

  1. This blog entry made me smile. I'll stick around ;)

    FWIW I'm at the "at least not for a year or two" spot on my own blog and it really has taken me that long to get my crap together and finally start making some actual progress. It's been very up and down. I do feel like my struggle-road-event-time-trip-challenge is all finally going in the right direction. You'll get there. Hopefully quicker than it took me to get here. (And I still have a loooooooooooooong way to go so there's a whole lot more adventuring to look forward to. :P )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! A real, live person has read my blog. :) I'm so excited to read about your in-the-middle adventures and ups and downs. Welcome!

      Delete